Friday, April 4, 2014
Pink Punk Princess Tutorial
You can click on the image to see it full sized. :)
For this tutorial, you will need the following items:
Tube by Caron Vinson, available here, at CDO.
IB Scrap kit by TammyKat, available here, at CDO
Font of choice
Let's begin, shall we? ;)
1) Let's start by opening paper 2. Duplicate and close the original. Right click the layer in the palette and choose promote background layer.
Now, apply mask of choice. I took element # 11a, duplicated and added a new black background layer, then merged layers and applied this to my paper layer as a mask. Up to you...don't forget...layers>merge>group. I duplicated this layer, Image>Mirror>Image>Flip and position as desired :)
2)Open cluster frame, copy/paste as a new layer. Choose 2 of the elements in the kit to have in the frame. I am using # 9 - the crown, and also # 10a, the gray barbed wire heart. Now, click on your bottom layer, and then copy/paste the crown as a new layer on your canvas. Resize to 80%, and copy/paste the heart in the same way. I used free rotate 20% > right and resized to 45%. Now, on your tube layer palette, unhide the one layer, and copy/paste onto your other canvas. Resize to 85%. Position in the middle, blank area of the frame, as desired. Use your magic wand to select all the blank area in the middle box on the frame and go to selections>modify>expand 5 pixels, selections>invert and click on the tube layer and tap delete on the keyboard. Deselect.
3) Choose 3 different (or matching, whatever) papers from the scrap kit. I am using papers 2, 3 and 5. Now click on the frame layer. We need to use our magic wand and select one blank area at a time, so we can flood fill with our papers. So click inside of one, selections>modify>expand 3 pixels, add a new layer, flood fill with paper of choice. Repeat this process for the next 2 empty portions on the frame. Don't forget to drag your new layers beneath the frame layer! I sent all of mine to just before the layer with the mask. :)
4) Copy/paste your main tube as top layer, and position as desired on the canvas.
5) Add any remaining elements that you desire for your tag. I used the grey flower on mine, element # 14a. Add your name/text and your copyright information as well.
6) Once you are satisfied with your results, merge visible layers and copy/paste as a new image. Save as and you are done!Thank you for doing this tutorial. I'm glad you stopped by. I hope to have more tutorials in the near future, so keep checking back. :)