Tuesday, March 4, 2014
You can click on the image to see it full sized :)
For this tutorial, you will need the following items:
Image/Tube by Jamie Kidd at CDO
IB Scrapkit by WDDesignz at CDO
Font of choice. I am using Lobster Two
Masks by me, it is the first, and third masks on the page.
Let's begin! :)
1) Open the paper named 62-2 (1). Duplicate (Shift + D), close the original image. Apply my mask 4. Layers>Merge>Group. Image>resize 65%, all layers unticked.
2) Open the paper named 62-2 (6) it's black. Copy/paste as a new layer. Apply my mask # 6. Layers>merge>group. Image>resize>65%, all layers unticked.
3) Open element named 62-2 (1), frame with beads. Copy/paste as new layer, Image>resize> 55%, all layers unticked.
4) Using your magic wand select the blank space inside of the frame, while selected go to selections>modify>expand by 5 pixels. Open your tube and copy/paste the largest image as a new layer back onto your canvas. Selections>invert and tap delete on the keyboard. Drag beneath the frame layer. Choose soft light, or screen, in your layer palette for blend mode. You can choose to lower the opacity. I did not.
5) Open the other tube layer, copy/paste as top layer on your palette. Move left of frame. I resized a tiny bit, to 85-90%.
6) Open element named 62-2 (9), copy/paste as new layer. Image>Mirror. Image>resize>40% Move right of frame. (I added a teal drop shadow to this layer)
7) Open element 62-2 (7). Copy/paste as top layer. Image>Resize>25%. Move to cover cut off portion of tube later, so that she is "hiding" behind it.
8) Open element named 62-2 (32). Copy/paste as top layer. Image>Resize>25%. Move to cover cut off portion of tube later, so that she is "hiding" behind it.
9) Duplicate the previous 2 layers to form a chain of 4 flowers.
10) Add any remaining elements that you wish.
11) Add artist copyright information.
12) Add your name
13. Layers>Merge>Visible. Copy/paste as a new image to crop and save as :)Thank you for doing this tutorial. I'm glad you stopped by. I hope to have more tutorials in the near future, so keep checking back. :)