Wednesday, March 26, 2014

CT Tutorial- Monti Scraps-Marika IB 8-1





You can click on the image to see it full sized :)
Thank you for taking the time to do my tutorial. I hope you enjoy it, and would love to see your results, and receive your feedback! This tutorial was written by Mellie on March 26, 2014 and is copyright to me, the way I word thing's and the images that I use. All other images are copyright to their respective owners, including tubes/art, font, scrapkits and templates and should not be used without purchasing or written permission, nor without reading their terms of use. This tutorial is for education purposes only and is in no way intended to be used as any other purpose. This tutorial was written with the tube and kit in mind that is being shown, therefore, you may have to adjust your setting's should you choose to use images not suggested here, in this tutorial. For this tutorial, you will need to know several things. Paint Shop Pro (I am using version X), and a good working knowledge of how to operate it, layer palettes and plug-in filters, masks, templates...etc. I will also assume that you add your desired drop shadows to each and every layer. :)

For this tutorial, you will need the following items:

Tube by Marika, available at CDO
IB Scrap Kit by Monti, available at CDO

My Mask here
Font of choice - I used Gigi.

***ATTENTION***
For your convenience I have made a
page with the shortcuts that I generally use in PSP. 


Let's begin! :)


1. Create a new transparent canvas 700 X 700 pixels.

2. Open paper 4, copy/paste as new layer on the canvas. Add the mask, and layers>merge>group. Image>resize>75%, all layers unchecked.

3. Open paper of choice, I am using paper 5, set your foreground pattern to paper 5, background to NULL, and your preset shape tool to rounded rectangle. Create a frame image about 333 X 333 pixels, vector checked, anti-alias checked, width 30, line style solid.
Objects>align>center.
4. CTRL + A, CTRL + F, floating image go to effects>3D effects, cutout with this setting: V 0, H -1, opacity 50 and blur 30.00, shadow color #
ee9a14. Make sure the fill with is unchecked. CTRL + D to deselect.
5. Open element 17, copy it. Use your magic wand to select the blank inside portion of the frame we just made. Paste element 17 as a new layer. Position as desired, you can use my image above as your guide :)
While still selected we need to get rid of the overhanging, so go to selections>invert and tap delete on the keyboard. CTRL + D and drag this beneath the frame layer.
6. Open remaining elements that you want to add to the tag. I've used several, again, use my tag above as a guide to placement.

7. Open your tube, and copy/paste the whole image, as your new, top layer.

***do not forget to drop shadow your element and tube layers***

8. Once you have gotten all into place, merge layers and copy/paste to crop. ADD YOUR WATERMARK & ARTISTS COPYRIGHT INFO.
Save as and you are done! :)Thank you for doing this tutorial. I'm glad you stopped by. I hope to have more tutorials in the near future, so keep checking back. :)

Here is another version that I did for Monti :)






No comments:

Post a Comment